Friday, October 17, 2008

Tagged again

Johanna has been tagged by Lauren!


Tag rules are to post the sixth picture from folder six of your computer.

I smudged a little bit on this one. The real sixth picture from the sixth folder was of my sister's horse's giant gaping bloody wound on her leg that she got this past June from some nasty barbed wire. I did not want to post that, so here is the sixth of the sixth from my Picasa album. : )
This is a picture of King William III, victor of the battle of the Boyne, and defeater of the tyrant James II! My brother and I pulled this picture off the internet for some invitations we were making for a 12th of July party. For those of you who don't know, July 12, 1690 (by the new calender) is when William and his Protestant army defeated James' French Catholic army by the banks of the Boyne river in Ireland. This battle  secured the English crown for King William III and Queen Mary II and freedom from James II for good.  This is one of our family's many favorite periods of history. Not only for the significance it had directly then for England, Ireland, Scotland, and all of Europe, but for the major significance it has had on our own country's war of independence,  forming of government, and the preserving of our religious freedom! Thank God for The Glorious Revolution of 1688!
His-story is so amazing!!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Great picture Johanna! I have to admit that I "fudged" too :) I chose the picture I posted over one of Caroline being born, not a pretty sight :)

Love,
Lauren Ashley

Rebecca said...

That is funny that you did that because that is what I did; Only it was a picture of Cromwell being born. :) So I went to a different spot on the computer were it arranged the folders in a separate way and found the picture I used.

Rebecca

Robert L. said...

Remind me never to play cards with y'all. I guess you deal from the middle of the deck as well. :)