Monday, March 30, 2009

Celtic Dreams Piano Recital



Johanna's Piano Recital
March 28, 2009


Every Spring I have a Piano recital. My teacher picks a different theme each year, and goes through a lot of pain finding music to match it for all of her students. This year our theme was Ireland in honor of Saint Patrick's Day.

"Be Thou My Vision", one of my favorite hymns, was the opening song for the recital.




I also played "Scarlet O'Hara's Theme" and Edward MacDowell's "Will O' the Wisp". There were a total of 39 students who preformed that night.

Me and my dear teacher of nearly eight years Donna Cusick.





Mummy, Daddy, and me :)





Me at the piano with my beautiful bouquet! 
(Thank you Grammie and Grandpa, the flowers are so lovely! I have really enjoyed them!)



The Highland Laddies

Miss Donna surprised people by arranging to have these two Bagpipers in full Scottish regalia serenade us during the reception!




They were a lot of fun to listen to and even more fun to jig to! Thank you Jill and Meredith for obliging us!


Thank you Miss Donna for all your work! It was a lot of fun!




13 comments:

Marks of Faith said...

Very Very Very nice Johanna. So sorry I was ill and unable to make it. Glad things went so well. You looked lovely and I know you performed beautifully as well.

Love always,
Jennifer

Kenneth Hunter Burk said...

You have a picture where your dad is smiling?

Ken

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Hi Johanna! (Or should I say Mr. Brown? Unless, of course Ben could have been a joint project :)

I wish I had been there for your recital! It looks like you had a wonderful time, I am so glad you ended up getting to do Be Thou My Vision.

I hope to talk to you soon!
Love,
Lauren Ashley

Rebecca said...

Lauren,
Who is Mr. Brown??? I think I missed something could you tell me why you are calling my sister that?

Rebecca Marie

Lauren said...

Hi Becca,
I was just referring to the "Ben Brown" that showed up on my blog earlier. It may not have been Johanna - it could have been any one of the Martinez gang I guess.

Okay, here is a helpful hint for whoever it was that did the blog. Your profile picture will show the name you gave it when you uploaded, in your case, Prank+Guy, so rename it something more believable. Like "my blog pic" or just "Ben Brown". I already knew it was one of you, but lets just say the name confirmed it :)

Good try though! I kind of worried for a minute, despite myself:) Now let me think, is this a diversion trick while you concoct something else behind my back? Could be. You should probably recruit someone in my family - they would probably jump at the opportunity to get even with me over something...

TTYL,
Lauren Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey Johanna!

Did you record youself playing in the ricital? I would love to hear you play!

Wow! Bagpipes! That is so neat!

P.S. Did you cut your hair?

Lauren said...

Hi Johanna, (or should I now call you Karen?)

I thought we were calling a truce, I guess you just couldn't help yourself :)Trying to scare me a little too? By the way, have you taken down the alternate universe yet?

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I will be calling you later to do it in person...

Love,
Lauren Ashley

Marks of Faith said...

Happy Birthday -April 8th- Johanna!

Love,
Jennifer

Martinez Family said...

Thanks for commenting yall!.

Martinez Family said...

Sydney,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, we did record the recital, but not in a format that we can upload to the blog right now. And no, I didn't cut my hair, though it certainly looks like in the picture! The short curls are the end of the braided bun that I left hanging down. :)

Sarah said...

NEAT! I love your hair! very pretty... I wish I could have heard you play!

The bagpipers look really neat! I bet they sounded great.



Sarah

Sarah said...

P.S. I thought your hair was cut too. lol


Sarah